Monday, October 6, 2008

Searches: The Shares Market Tool

For ages, the maximum number of blogs in which a player could hold shares was 1,000. That limit was recently raised to 4,000. This greatly increases the amount of B$ a player can make playing the Shares Market, and it also increases the interest income a corporation's members can make from the invested balances, if players increase the number of blogs they own shares in.

An ideal formula, it seems to me, is to hold constantly in your portfolio shares in 1 to 2 thousand blogs, and rotate in and out of your portfolio 2 to 3 thousand blogs for profit-taking to increase your total wealth.

The place to start is to find available blogs on the open market. I've built my portfolio up to close to 4 thousand blogs by using the Searches tool, the link to which is found on the right-hand side of each B$ page, in the "Members Area" in the list of links starting with "Profile" "Shares" "Ideas" etc. See it?

When you click on the "Searches" link, you'll go to your searches page. Click on the link near the top that says "Create a new search". You'll actually be creating 3 searches, which I'd title "1 Million" "500 Thousand" and "100 Thousand". Here's how to fill in the "1 Million" Search:

(click on the image to see a larger view of it)


I've indicated the areas to fill in with the pale yellow text on top of the dark blue background.

Just plug in those things, then click on "Save Search" at the bottom of the screen. You'll have to confirm your search next, then go back to the "Searches" page to "generate" it (just click on the link).

Now what you do is create two more searches. The first one should be named "500 Thousand" and should be filled in like the "1 Million" search, except the Min $ Valuation should be 500,000 and the Max $ Valuation should be 999,999. Remember to select the "Valuation (DESC) sort" then save and confirm.

The next is the "100 Thousand" search, and should be filled in like the other two, except the Min $ Valuation should be 100,000 and the Max $ Valuation should be 499,999.

In each case, remember to choose the maximum number of results to be returned (500), which you choose just below the title of your search.

By now, when you return to your "Searches" page, the "1 Million" search list has probably been generated. Open all the pages in tabs (all 10 pages might have blogs available, or it might be fewer pages, depending on how many blogs were on the market at the time your search was generated). On each page, check all and buy.

Now you'll have 1250 shares each of up to 500 blogs in your Main Shares folder. Every 20 minutes, you refresh that folder, then buy the next lot of available shares. I buy them in these lots:

1250
1250
1250
50
50
50
50
10
10
10
10
10

Actually, I always do the first three buys at 1250 shares, but the remaining ones depend on the PE. Most of the blogs will all be in the same PE range at each purchase, but some will have much higher PEs and some lower. In those cases, I adjust the number I'm buying: more when the PE is higher. Buying this way is time-consuming, but it will take the PE of most of the blogs you buy to over 200 PE, which is ideal for either holding or selling.

Once you've begun to cycle blogs, you'll get more and more that start at higher PEs, so you won't have to do as many buying cycles (1250,1250,1250,250 in most cases will give you a good PE).

What I do next, once I've accumulated all the available shares in a blog, is to run them through the Stock Broker, 40 blogs at a time. I reindex the ones that the Stock Broker indicates are due for a PE increase. For those due for a decrease, I sell my shares in all that will drop to below 100,000 valuation (checking the "remove from my portfolio" box), and then reindex them after I sell them so they won't get picked up in my next search at a falsely inflated PE.

Give it a try!

Once you have your portfolio filled out, you can use other methods to fill it out with some proven-quality blogs, but that's done one blog at a time and should be done once you've got this method down and several thousand blogs in your portfolio.

4 comments:

billythekid said...

This increase is a great bonus, however it soon emptied the available live blogs from my higher-end searches!

I tend to not use your technique favouring the less financially beneficial "buy it as fast as you can" method. Then I just watch my ports making sure everything doesn't crash out on reindexing and those that do I sell off 20 and move into a secondary folder for the purpose, re-buying it the next day(or later that day if I do part1 in the AM).

Pretty much all I do is keep everything in a PE range of 1900 - >1 and I'm happy!

The only reason I buy shares at all however is due to the shake up with share math. I have no interest in shares anymore since the dawn of C and for a while had sold off all shares.

Your technique is very good for the shares player though and can easily amass billions of profit in a fairly fast time, never mind cycling them too!

btk

billythekid said...

that should have read ...

"...due to the shake up with the share math and corporate interest repercussions."

;oP

sharetipsinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharetipsinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.